Monday, April 26, 2010

So much to do! So little time!

Spring has sprung and with it comes a rush of places to go, people to see and projects to finish! I have a list of things I need to accomplish - most importantly for Mr. 3-yo's birthday party coming up this weekend. It's going to be a Mickey Mouse extravaganza! (Pictures to come next week)I'm making Mickey Mouse ears and a pinata and a costume for the boy. Mr. H is in charge of the cake and a whole slew of other projects. We have a sandbox now (Thanks, Nicole!) and bought sand toys and I'm praying there's good weather for the party.

In the midst of all the choas that has been happening and will continue to happen, Mr. H and I were able to take an afternoon and evening to spend some time together. I must say that when we don't have a date night for a long time, I realize the benefits of having a regular date night. It's been months, really. We had one last week, sort of, but it was rushed because my (beautiful sister) babysitter had places to be :). So, yesterday, we took the afternoon to run errands and then out to eat and Confession and Mass. It's been a LONG time since I've been to Mass (or even Confession) without my dear boys. It was such a nice feeling to be able to concentrate fully on the Mass. I felt such a rejuvenation! And I was also reminded of my vocation as a mother - that there are going to be many Masses of not being able to fully concentrate (or concentrate at all on those bad days), but being able to show my children the beauty of our faith. That's what's important. That's what really matters. I pray I can be the example they need to appreciate the fullness and richness of the Catholic faith. I pray they will always be strong in their faith, embracing Christ, and being way holier than I am (provided I become as holy as I should, as the Litany of Humility says). Speaking of children, here mine come! Have a blessed morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment