Friday, April 29, 2011

7 Quick Takes volume ???

1. I'm excited to, at least temporarily, get back on the 7QT wagon again. It's been awhile, but in the last couple of weeks, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other bloggers 7QT. They've made me chuckle and even caused my husband to laugh!

2. SUNSHINE!!! It's been one of the first gorgeous days of spring here and the boys and I soaked it up this morning. We went for a walk, where I had to convince aka force Mark to take off the crocs that were way too small and hurting his feet and switch them up with some flip-flops that he loved before he found his crocs. The boys discovered dandilions and picked a few and enjoyed walking and the few trees that are in our apartment complex. And of course, we blew bubbles as well :).

3. I rejoined my Catholic women's study group a couple of weeks ago. I had started out with them last fall when they were doing an ENDOW study and enjoyed it thoroughly (both the materials and the ladies). However, with all that had been going on this winter, I decided not to continue on with the next study. I didn't realize how much I missed the conversation and support until I went back for a book study. We are now reading This Tremendous Lover by M. Eugene Boylan, OCR. It's supposed to be an amazing book (I've only read the preface), but I'm looking forward to delving into more spiritual reading.


4. Speaking of spirituality, Mr. ADM and I are also planning to go see a premier of There Be Dragons, a movie about the Spanish Civil War and St. Josemaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei. I actually do not know much about the saint or Opus Dei, but I am very excited to see this movie and plan to learn more!

5. There's a homeschooling conference coming in a week to where I live. Mr. ADM is not terribly convinced that we should attend, mostly because it costs money and because our oldest is only 4 yrs old. Tell me why we SHOULD attend, because I REALLY want to go! ;) But really, are there benefits for going when my oldest is only pre-school aged?

6. Days like today make me want to paint my toenails.

7. I worked like a madwoman yesterday afternoon to organize and rearrange the boys' room and closet to create a little nook for Matthew to have some quiet reading time while Mark naps. Here it is (the nook is in the closet) :)...


For more great Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

  1. Bad news. I can't convince you to go to the conference b/c I decided not to go myself :) Same reasons-- didn't feel like spending the $ when C is only almost 4. I've gone in the past, and it is a huge source of support and totally energized me. But I'm out this year. There are a few Seton books I'm going to buy just to have around, but a friend offered to pick them up for me. Looking forward to seeing you at the movie!

    ReplyDelete