Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Projects

I have been on a major project kick over the last couple of days. Today is my birthday and I got to spend it however I wanted. It's nice having a husband who wants to make sure I'm having the best day ever (Thank you, Mr. ADM!). He cooked, cleaned and took care of the kids all day long. He's my hero and I can't imagine being married to a better man. Anyway, enough of the mushies. So, tonight, I decided to work on finishing up a hat and see what else I could make for my beautiful DAUGHTER. And possible ideas for my Etsy shop, since it's in desperate need of some items. I also was able to get my serger serviced. My mother-in-law gave me her old serger (she's a professional seamstress!) and it sat in my closet, collecting dust, until I was brave enough to locate a place that fixed sewing machines and not pass out from what it would cost me to have it worked on. My birthday money is going straight into paying for that and I am excited and quite a bit nervous to learn how to use it! But with a serger, my backpacks will be made with higher quality and I am hoping to start making my own fitted diapers as well. The possibilities seem endless!

In the meantime, I've picked up my crochet hook again and crocheted an adorable owl hat. It's newborn-size, so it doesn't fit Miriam, but it is so cute I couldn't resist. I also started crocheting some headbands because my daughter has been mistaken for a boy (babies look so neutral at this age) and I want to make sure that mistake rarely, if ever, happens. Plus, after two boys (who I love SO much), it's been loads of fun to make girly things! I've also been playing with felt. Everything that I've made with felt looks terribly homemade, but I still love it. I don't own one of those fancy Cricut machines that will cut felt perfectly, so I settled for a pair of tiny, really sharp scissors instead. Doable, but a ton of work. And I've also been having fun with ribbon. More to come on that...in the meantime, here's some pictures :).

Also, visit me on Facebook (AlmostDomesticMama) to see all my new pictures and get more updates!




No comments:

Post a Comment