Friday, May 24, 2013

7 Quick Takes vol. 14

I'm not actually sure that's the volume number for my 7QT, but hey, we'll start there and maybe later on, I'll actually look up the number and correct it.

1. My thoughts and prayers are with those who have been affected by the Oklahoma tornado.

2. This weekend is Mr. ADM's birthday AND he has the ENTIRE weekend off! This has not happened in months! And before that, I had to work weekends, so it was pretty much the same thing. We have birthday party plans for one of Matthew's best friends (LOTS of May birthdays in our neck of the woods!), hanging out, maybe the zoo, hanging out some more. I'm beyond ecstatic about this!

3. My dear sister-in-law just introduced me to this series of youtube videos. I haven't watched more than 2, so if there is anything offensive, my apologies. But from what I've seen so far, it's a good chuckle or 2 for your time. 

4. I spent yesterday evening braving something I would never do unless my life just about depended on it...and it just about did. We're having family pictures done this weekend. About 2 months ago, I thought I'd, for the first time in my life, not procrastinate and bought the boys a couple of matching shirts. They really are quite dapper in them and I was excited. My mom was with me to give opinions and we desperately tried to find something to go with them, but the one dress I found that I loved, the store no longer carried in Miriam's size. So, I decided I had plenty of time and went on my merry way. Until this week. Yesterday, I realized that I had approximately 2 evenings (b/c I work all day) to get haircuts for the boys and clothes for Mr. ADM, Miriam and myself. Mr. ADM was working late both last night and tonight, so I knew I had to suck it up and brave the public world with all 3 kids in tow. And brave the public world I did, with my mind only going insane on the inside most of the time. We managed to get through Once Upon a Child (they have a gated off play area that the kids love...even Miriam!), Old Navy (their carts only hold babies, so I could only corral the littlest one), and Target (THANK YOU for your giant-sized carts with the additional seating ones that feel like I'm pushing around a semi, but the novelty of it all makes my kids WANT to sit there). Only one mishap of Mark falling on the cement parking lot because he was goofing off and I was attempting to get him to act prudently and managed to trip over him instead. Minor yelling inside the car to get a point across and Miriam screaming off and on in Target for about 10 minutes before we made our way to the applesauce pouches, where they downed 3 a piece. But we ALL survived. 

5. I think I'm going to see if I can get my hair cut this weekend. Part of me wants to keep it long, but now that I know Mr. ADM loves it when I get an angled bob (he's usually opposed to short hair), I'm more tempted to chop it off. We shall see.

6. If you are looking for new material to listen to, I would highly recommend Fr. Michael Schmitz. Many of his homilies can be found here. I listened to a great CD from Lighthouse Catholic Media called From Love, By Love, For Love. Excellent, excellent talk! He breaks down thoughts so that anyone can understand and has a great sense of humor. 

7. We will soon have a bigger car!!! I'm SO excited! Some generous friends of ours are gifting us their old vehicle and my family will be taking ours, so it's a win-win-win. I'm so grateful for their generosity and this will help us out BIG time. Praise God for wonderful friends :)! 

For more great 7 Quick Takes, visit Jen@ConversionDiary.

No comments:

Post a Comment